The Al Bustan Festival created an environmental plan that commits it to:
– reducing its greenhouse gas emissions.
– designing eco-responsible communication supports.
– reducing and recycling papers.
We Have implemented concrete actions to improve our environmental impact. Here are so far the most important ones:
– to compensate our carbon footprint, we are initiating the Al Bustan Festival forest where 250 Juniperus, 250 Abies & 50 Lebanese Cedars were planted in Boueirij – Bekaa in collaboration with S.E.P.T. (Save Energy Plant Trees)
– to promote more economical set lighting, we now use LED projectors.
– for reduction and recycling of our waste, we have been collaborating with T.E.R.R.E Liban since 2011 for recycling our papers.
Planting for a greener melody
The Urban Upcycling Initiative
Public Interest Design – Levant
The Urban Up-cycling Initiative is a series of workshops, taking place at Brut L’Atelier, aiming to transform waste material into public commodities through the process of up-cycling. If you feel you are creative and would like to contribute to a better environment then this workshop is for you.Together, we build a better city.The workshop will take place this Saturday, February 21st, 10am-5pm at Brut L’Atelier.
21 February 2015 , 10am-5pm.
+961 3 725 187
The Nature Conservation Center at the American University of Beirut, is donating 500 native species of trees adapted to the natural habitat in Boueirij.
The species donated are Cedrus Libani, Sorbus taurminalis and Sorbus flabilifolia.
Whenever we are planting trees, we are engaging in a metaphor – doing something small & local with the hope that it will become something big and global. We believe many people around the world are doing so and we want to be part of that.
Event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/626695120808611/